Tuesday, August 28, 2012

GOOD NEWS DAY....

37 years ago today, August 28, 1975, Kerm Jackson asked me to marry him!! (It was just six weeks after his FORMER roommate had asked me to Marry Him)    Hard to believe how fast time has passed!  It has been an amazing ride.  Not always easy, but a huge learning experience.  I wouldn't trade all the ups and downs for all the rice in China!!   I LOVE HIM to the MOON and back!   Together we have created Eternal Memories!  I am THANKFUL!

FALL is in the air!! We spent some time Sunday at the Sundance cabin. If you look closely in the background you will see the start of the beautiful color changes announcing the arrival of my FAVORITE season! Gives me great HOPE!! Provo Canyon is changing and the colors are beautiful!!

Monday at 10:30 was the BIG appointment where Decisions were made. Since last week when my white blood count had fallen "in the toilet" at. 1.8 and absolute neutrophils were .63 I was actually a little SCARED!! I was told to wear a mask and stay away from people. Now I have been known to be SLIGHTLY rebellious. Those who truly know me know that YES -  this is true!!. NO mask for me and I went wherever I wanted to! 

I also had ALOT of people praying for me. I got a Facebook inbox from a friend in California. He said "even though we haven't met, I have been following your blog and I want you to know I'm praying for you". I am so THANKFUL for ALL of you who have been praying for me. Don't quit YET!! I still NEED you ALL!!

Monday my white count was back to 7.3. Huge upswing! Absolute neutrophils were 5.5. Actually on the high side. Such a huge BLESSING!! Dr Bott could not explain the counts which were run twice just to be sure last week. Could only attribute them to the chemo!! I BELIEVE in prayers! Thank you!!

I saw the urologist on Thursday the 23rd. My symptoms are NOT yet resolved. So Monday after much discussion Dr. Bott determined I was FINISHED with that NASTY chemo. After last week I had come to that decision myself and I truly felt that there was a reason for those low counts that confirmed my decision!!. Monday there were great discussions and agreements! I did not even have to beg. He immediately called Dr. Sklow at the Huntsman Cancer Center and surgery to reconnect is scheduled for Monday September 10th!! I am THRILLED!! Of course I want to do what is BEST but Dr. Bott has witnessed the suffering.  I

I know I am not the only person to have suffered with chemotherapy. However he told me in 30 years he has not seen anyone so incredibly sensitive to the chemo. Of course that would have to be ME!! The urologist said he sees my symptoms mainly in pediatric patients because they are so sensitive. I can only imagine if it affected me so much on the outside it had to kill any remaining cells. It has nearly killed ME !!'

We are moving quickly towards a more PLANT BASED diet.  I have a DVD sent by a friend which talks about better health with just a little diet change.  I don't think we have had a BAD diet  as we have both maintained our weight for 37 years!  I just think that we will try some of the alternative stuff we have been introduced to.  I don't think any of it will HURT! The fact is this - ANIMAL PROTEIN actually acts as a FERTILIZER for cancer cells.  I have never eaten a lot of red meat but we are adjusting our diets and I guess only time will tell!!  I will help anyone with this any day.  There are a lot of people who are NOT healthy.  I felt that I was extremely healthy - until November 30, 2011. 

So FINISHED I am!!  I did my BEST and endured the treatments as much as I could and I feel entirely at PEACE with the decisions made!  I got  up every day -  always put on my makeup, always did the normal activities of daily living - mowed the front lawn as much as I could and joked and laughed.   I feel that I have handled this CHALLENGE with COURAGE, GRACE and DIGNITY!!  I have tried NOT to complain.  Once I am able to mow BOTH front and back you will know I am BACK TO MY OLD NEW SELF!!  Our grandkids taught us a very SILLY game but we LOVE it!  Perhaps you have played BINGO!  When you see a yellow vehicle you call out BINGO!  We have had many many laughs over this game!  Bubba and I play every day.  I can usually beat the socks off of him but on occasion he will win.  Yellow Jeeps are worth more points - we just are keenly aware of ANY yellow vehicles!  CRAZY OLD PEOPLE!!!

I am anxious to get back to a NEW normal life.  Bubba and I even took a spin today on the bicycle built for two!  He was the one who got winded FIRST!  I cannot wait to recover and to go about my BUSINESS again!  YAY HOORAY!!

I cannot begin to express my Gratitude to my Heavenly Father for seeing me through these last few months.  I remember getting through June and wondering how in the world would I make it through those LONG HOT MONTHS OF JULY AND AUGUST!   Well here we are!  August 28th!  The month is almost finished.  September 10th will be my surgery and I will get back to normal.  I originally thought I wouldn;t be a candidate for that surgery until the October/November time frame so I am THRILLED!   I will have scans every six months to make sure all is well.  My last scan was June so in November it will be time for another.

I cannot begin to express my GRATITUDE to my MANY friends who have prayed for me and continue to pray for me.  I am not really finished - just with what I consider the BAD part!.  I still have a ways to go but I am getting stronger and will surely be better before TOO LONG!  Thanks to those in my family who CARE - who have kept up with my progress and have been in touch with Me!  Especially to my GIRLS - Kamie, Kelsi and Kami!  They have offered much support and they are amazing women and I love them to pieces.  Of couse I love the boys too and I too am thankful for them.  I am TRULY THANKFUL for my grandchildren who have been great distractions during this summer.  How THANKFUL I am for the time we get to spend with them.  Those times are PRICELESS!!  I am most THANKFUL and GRATEFUL for BUBBA!  He has been by my side the WHOLE TIME.  He has done his work from home and has been here to encourage and support me every step of the way.  Please continue to pray for me and my family.  Again I say to you - we pray for those who pray for US!!!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:  "Whether Seventy or Sixteen, There is in Every Being's Heart the Love of Wonder, The Sweet Amazement at the Stars and the Starlike Things and Thoughts, the Undaunted Challenge of Events, The Unfailing Childlike Appetite For What is Next and the JOY in the Game of Life"!!!

I am Joyfully looking forward to the Next Stage in my Life - The Next CHALLENGE.  I know there will be more and I am better equipped more than EVER to face what may come my Way!  \

Once Again - GOD BLESS US EVERYONE!!!   Love and Hugs from Me to YOU!!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful Bobby Jo! We are so happy for you! We will keep the prayers going, and especially for your surgery. Really glad for you that the chemo is done. YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Bobby Jo! Such good news! You're in my heart and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobby Jo. You inspire and exceed all understanding with your attitude of gratitude and grace. As always, you make me look and examine my own small challenges and I am humbled. Thank you for sharing and know that you are always, always, in my thoughts and prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete