Friday, October 6, 2017

I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES

For a LONG TIME I have felt the need to write again!   I am so grateful for LIFE!   For the OPPORTUNITY I have to still be on this earth!!

November 30th will mark SIX years since my diagnosis of STAGE IV colorectal cancer.  That day I had a routine colonoscopy where cancer was found.  I was sent immediately to the imaging center where a CT scan showed "it" had spread to my right lung with a tumor behind my tailbone - Thus the diagnosis of Stage IV cancer.  I had Lung surgery in November of 2013 to remove one of the tumors in my right lung. 

My other posts detail those experiences - experiences that have changed my LIFE!   The night before I started chemotherapy/radiation I told my husband that life as "I knew it" would never be the same.  I am grateful for the struggles that have been HUGE character building experiences.  My life has NOT been the same.  Oh how grateful I am for what I have!   If you look at the statistics - which I just did for the FIRST TIME today - you will see that stage IV colorectal cancer patients have only an 11% -5 year survival rate.  I am basically at SIX YEARS!!   This journey has definitely been HARD.  I have done LOTS of HARD things!  I have FOUGHT hard to LIVE!  There is not ONE DAY that goes by without physical reminders of treatments.  I CHOOSE LIFE!!!  Now without being flippant, I am deeply humbled by those that I love dearly who have passed on because of this TERRIBLE disease!!  I think of them daily and I am a better person because of their bravery!  I want to honor their lives by helping others!

I had PET scans again this past Monday at the Huntsman Cancer Center in Salt Lake City with a doctors appointment yesterday to find out the results.  We took a small vacation for several days last week - a bucket list drive down the California coastline with the top down on the convertible!  It was breathtaking!  It was a great time and helped take my mind off what was coming up.  I have felt pretty confident about where I am with my health and my physical abilities.   When I entered the doctors office my blood pressure spiked and I felt my heart beating very rapidly!   GOSH!!  I had tried to be so calm!!

The doctor, Dr. Brandon Barney, the son of my first cousin, came in and said "YOU ARE GREAT -  I told you those tumors would be gone"!!!!!  Dr. Barney did a treatment last December - STEREOTACTIC RADIOTHERAPY.  The tumor behind my tailbone was deemed inoperable because of where it was.  They told me that since  I could not be cured, it would be fruitless to operate on my right lung again.  This new treatment was a chance at SOMETHING.  A HOPE that the tumors could be BLASTED away!  

My tumors are gone!   For the first time in SIX YEARS I am deemed NED!!!  NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE!!!   Friends - there have been so many tender mercies along my path.  So many situations where I have taken a path that was not exactly like it "should have" been.  I feel that I have been guided and directed to the path for ME!!  I am ETERNALLY GRATEFUL for the inspiration and guidance on this path! 

I have MUCH to give and to OFFER other people.  I have referred MANY people to Dr. Barney who has helped many of them.  I will CONTINUE to be a huge ADVOCATE for those who need ANY type of help.  I am so incredibly HUMBLED!  So GRATEFUL!

This week I reviewed where I am and what it is that I want to ACCOMPLISH with the time I have left on this earth!   I PRAY daily that I can be an instrument in GOD's hands to help others.  I am working hard on my CHARITY -   BOBBY JO'S BLESSINGS.  I am going to work hard on this so I can HELP others.  You too can help me to help others!    I will post tomorrow and show you how you can help me without any financial donation on your part.  It is simple and easy.

"To awaken each morning with a smile brightening my face, to approach my work with a clean mind; to hold ever before me, the Ultimate Purpose toward which I am working; to meet men and women with laughter on my lips and love in my heart; to be gentle, kind and courteous through all the hours; to approach the night with weariness that ever woos sleep and the joy that comes from work well done- THIS is how I desire to waste wisely my days"

Love and Hugs to ALL - GOD BLESS US EVERYONE!!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment